Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yum! Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies!

I am in love with Betty Crockers gluten free (GF) brownie mix. When you are on a budget like many of us are these days, it's nice to be able to have a treat that's not breaking the bank. While I love and support many pioneer brands like Namaste and Bob's Redmill to name a few, this has moved to first place. It has an average cost of 3.50-4.00 and I don't have to add my own ingredients at an extra cost to imporve flavor. I usually ad vanilla (pure from Costso veryheap) and Trader Joe's chocolate chips (1.99), Betty Crocker's has chips included and they have managed to avoid any 'aftertaste' that we have become used to in GF foods, you know what I mean. I only have to have a few eggs and Earth Balance butter to make sure it' also cassein free. Even thug my daughter has been eating GF most of her life, and is used to the brands used, she still had an extra special feeling of inclusion that it was a household brand from Von's. Being on the Autism/PDDspectrum she is use to benoff the norm and any way that she is included is noticeable. By the way, her picky non-GF sister....loves these too so no need to have tempting regular gluten brownies about, so much heartfelt thanks from all of us! xxxx


 http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/gluten-free-baking-mixes

1 comment:

  1. The nice thing about the Enjoy Life chocolate chips is that I believe they're mini...at least as I have always seen and so you need less because they distribute very evenly. :)

    ReplyDelete