Friday, August 20, 2010

General Mills has a new site "Live Gluten Freely"

I have just discovered a new site by General Mills. It has it's placve among all the pages and blogs on gluten free now. As I predicted years ago, once large corporations came aboard prices would come down. The compnaies that charge 8.00 for a cake mix, although great quality are going to be left in teh gourmet isle while companies like GM make it affordable and easy to reach. For those of us that have been around a long time, for us 10 years on the GF diet, we have had to sacrifice in order to pay the high prices just to make a simple birthday cake which could run 25.00 for a very small cake and then the labor of love of course. I will still make my pancakes from scratch because my recipe cannot be beat, but it is comforting to be able to go to Von's and buy Rice Chex or a BC cookie mix for under 5.00. (Stay tuned for a Muddy Buddy recipe from Chex) I hope you will continue to find small sites like mine, from real people who are shopping daily and finding new twists on old things and have that personal touch that corporate sites just can't replicate. Please see my list of sites I like to visit as well. have a great weekend! And thank you x

http://www.liveglutenfreely.com/

2 comments: